Saturday, June 5, 2010

Let's Light This Sucker Up!!

So around late 2006, I discovered Marshall's for the first time. Well let me clarify, I'd been to the store but that was when I was younger and you can never appreciate anything at the age of 9 or 10. So when I moved into my first apartment, with a psycho roommate (another blog for another time), I decided that I needed to decorate ASAP and that's when it happened.

I remember it as if it was yesterday.... I walked in out of the warm humidity and I was instantly cooled, refreshed and ready to shop! I saw a lot of cool and wonderful things that I knew I could not bring home, my psyhco roommate wanted to control the decor, but the ones that I loved the most were these beautiful pink glassed hanging lanterns:
Glowy & pink... a perfect combo
Now at the time, in 2006, they were going for $30. That's not a bad price but when you barely make enough to pay rent you tend to focus on what really matters, so I refrained from purchasing them and hoped that one day I could. Well yesterday was that day and boy did I get this for a STEAL!!!

 Only $12!!!! 12 bucks!!!!!!!! I'm still in awe of the price, I so lucked up on this shopping trip. Though the other lantern was not there I'm sure if I continue to look around I will find it some where or maybe something better, but just the fact that I have this one is enough.
Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to hang it up and where.... hmmmm...
~N~

~~ Update ~~
Well my lovely lantern found a nice comfy spot hanging in my upstairs bath,
Perfect spot...

I made the rope myself with a knotting skill I learned when I was a little girl

Can you make out the tea light?

So beautiful...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...