Sunday, August 15, 2010

Home is where the heart is...

I would love to create a space like this, to read & nap
There comes a point where you have to just step out on your own and give it your best try! Soon I'll be moving into my very first apartment (alone) and I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself. This is entirely new territory for me compared to when I first moved out and lived with a roommate and her young daughter.

 That girl and her child drove me MAD!!! I had attended high school with her so I knew her a little but obviously not well enough. She was so the opposite of me. Instead of getting up and getting a job, she relied heavily on a government check that she would receive every month. It was enough to cover her portion of the rent, but she had no clue how to save money! 

Whenever I would bring home something new like my much beloved sleigh bed, she would have hissy fits and call her ex-husband to complain to him about the fact that she and their daughter was sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Not truly realizing that it was her own fault, because all she wanted to do was go to clubs and party while I babysitted for her.

Then it got much worse. She started bring pets into the apartment and the place would be so filthy that sometimes I wouldn't even go home. For the life of me, I still cannot understand why she would bring pets into a home that she hated to clean. Especially when she was dealing with a toddler at the time.

First it was a cat. Don't get me wrong, I love cats but when I told her this I had no clue that she would just bring one home, especially since we had never paid the $300 pet fee. After promising me that she would pay the fee because I hated the fact that we were violating the lease, she decided NOT to help me care for him.

If he made a mess, she would call me. If he needed to be fed, she would call me. If his litter box needed to be cleaned, you got it, she would call me. I literally paid EVERYTHING, for a pet I never wanted.

She, of course, received all the other benefits of having a pet in the home. Then came the puppy. That was the last straw! Not only did the puppy go potty every where, but she would pretend not to notice.

That's when I decided to leave. I forfeited my apartment and moved back in with my mom and younger brothers. I have been with them ever since
.
     Now it's time for me to establish my own. I'm so proud of myself because I saved every scrap to be able to get to this point. There have been a LOT of struggles and I've made it through. I know I can make it on my own and that's the best feeling in this world.
~N~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...