Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding.

(the Mr. & Mrs. sharing a great moment)

     I must be losing my mind, I sooooo forgot to tell you all about my besties wedding!

 It was so beautiful!!!

I cried, she cried, we ALL cried!!!

 I've never been to a wedding, so this was a great experience for me. I was also the Maid of Honor, so I felt like I needed to be on my P's and Q's!! The day started wonderfully. Since I like to pack early, I was ready to go when my bestie arrived to pick me up so we could take care of picking up our bouquets and other last minute errands.

We relaxed at her parents home until it was time to make our hour long journey to the wedding venue. I didn't know what to expect when we pulled up and was floored when we did.

The wedding was being held in Dahlonega, Georgia at the Cavender Castle. The place is GORGEOUS!!! The owners Cyndi and Rick Durham are the absolute BEST!!! Cyndi single handily takes care of the brides and their planning needs and Rick officiates the lovely ceremonies.

I so wish I had been able to get a camera in time to show you all the lovelyness outside and inside of the castle. It's so shabby chic and lovely altogether. The bridal suite was decorated so beautifully!!! My bestie and her hubby picked the right spot to begin their lives together.

 Since it was a hour away from Atlanta, we had to wait for the guest to arrive.

So I made sure my bestie was content and tried to keep her as relaxed as possible. We grabbed a bite to eat with her parents and got to do a little sight seeing.

The town has 2 antique shops that I hope to be able to come back and check out very soon. I made my bestie promise to bring me back! Once we returned to the castle it was all business!!! I got my bestie dressed, did her hair and applied her make up. Then I had to do the same for myself.

After that it was time to start the pictures.... insert groan here... OK it's not that I don't like to take pictures, it's just... well usually when others take my pictures they tend to get me at the worse moment.

So I was a little hesitant. WHY!!!??!! Cyndi handle that camera like a true professional! The pictures are all so beautiful, they turned out so well. I even copied some and used a few Photoshop techniques on them. Cyndi even loved my jewelry!! That made my day even more!!!

Then came showtime!!! I admit I was nervous about tripping on my gown or my make up messing up but, nope everything went smoothly!

 It was inspiring to witness. My best friend had been waiting for so long to find her knight in shining armour. There were a lot of struggles that they both overcame TOGETHER! They made me realize how much I''m ready to start my life with the same kind of love and devotion with someone.

Here's hoping yall:)
~N~
ps... the jewerly was perfect!

~N~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...